Principal Candidate Pool
Omaha Public Schools is engaged in a transformative effort to build a pipeline that ensures that every school has outstanding leaders. We are looking for excellent leaders who can prepare ALL students for college, career and community leadership.
We need leaders who demonstrate:
- The vision and courage to ensure every student, regardless of background, can achieve college and career success
- A track record of increasing student achievement and leading staff
- Instructional expertise in K-12 education with proven ability to support, coach and develop teachers to improve instructional practice
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
With a highly selective application and screening process (designed based on research, national practice, and stakeholder feedback), becoming a principal with Omaha Public Schools will place you among a group of leaders who are transforming lives and communities through their work in leading and transforming schools.
Become a Principal in Omaha Public Schools and Transform Students’ Lives
In order to be considered for school-specific principal vacancies, individuals must first complete and gain entry to the Principal Candidate Pool. If you are interested in pursuing a principal role in Omaha Public Schools, we encourage you to review the OPS Principal Competencies, self-assess your readiness for the principalship and consider applying for the Principal Candidate Pool.
- Complete and submit your application online. See this sample application so you can prepare your responses in advance.
- Though applications are accepted on a rolling basis, we strongly encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible to be considered for the greatest number of principal vacancies.
Do you know of high-potential candidates who may be interested in this process?
Nominate great candidates, and we will send them information about this process.