This Policy is under review.
6410 - Title I Parental and Family Engagement Policy
Last Updated Date:
Adoption Date: 01/08/2018
Omaha Public Schools intends to follow the Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy guidelines in accordance with federal law, Section 1116(a)(1)(2)(A -F) ESSA, (Every Student Succeeds Act) of 2015.
The written District Parent and Family Engagement Policy has been developed jointly with, updated periodically and distributed to parents and family members of participating children and the local community in an understandable and uniform format. This policy agreed on by such parents describes the means for carrying out the requirements as listed below:
• Parents and family members of all students are welcomed and encouraged to become involved with their child’s school and education; this includes parents and family members that have limited English proficiency, limited literacy, are economically disadvantaged, have disabilities, or are of racial or ethnic minority background;
• Parents are involved in the development and improvement of the Title I program and the Parent and Family Engagement Policy
• Conduct, with meaningful parent and family involvement, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the Parent and Family Engagement Policy. Use the evaluation findings to design evidence-based strategies for more effective parental involvement, and to revise the Parent and Family Engagement Policy;
• Provide the coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary to assist and build the capacity of all participating schools;
• Involve parents in the activities of the schools served under this part
• Coordinate and integrate parental involvement strategies and activities with other Federal, State and local programs.
20 U.S.C. 6318 and 7801(32)